We are currently recruiting for our client Iceland UK at their Head office in Deeside, who have an opening for an Application Support Developer to join their internal .NET Application Services team.
This person will work closely with the Application Support Manager to ensure the stability and further improve the company’s extensive suite of applications that underpin many of the operational processes that contribute to Iceland’s success.
Iceland’s product specification, HR and scheduling, supplier finance and product forecasting systems are just a few of the in-house .NET applications that you will be working with. Iceland’s newer and in development applications are built using .NET core, utilising some of the latest technology in Azure such as serverless functions, logic apps and cognitive services, all of which you will be supporting and improving. There are also more legacy applications using older versions of the .NET framework with MVC, ADO.NET and utilising stored procedures, a broad knowledge of current and past technologies is essential.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Strong experience with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+ using C# and MVC.
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, T-SQL and ORM Frameworks (Entity Framework).
- Experience of working with source control (TFS/GIT).
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively.
- Be passionate about software development, working with the team, a positive influence and a cup half full mentality.
Meeting any of the below criteria will be highly beneficial:
- Experience of working with cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS).
- Experience of developing/architecting enterprise solutions.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform).
Benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.